My office mates wanted to eat out for lunch, and when they invited me to go to Soms, my first reaction was: "oh." Follwed by "Sssige." Let me tell you why.



FLASHBACK
My first and last visit to Soms was about 2 and a half years ago. And I didn't enjoy it at all. My friend wanted to eat in this, in his words, "really good" Thai place. I think N and I shared 2 dishes, green curry and pad thai. I'm not really a food connoisseur. Whatever tastes good is good for me. I thought Soms was just okay. The type of place one might eat in when broke.

What made that particular experience so terrible was the place itself. Good God. I didn't mind that the place was small and cramped (I used to eat in Dannylicious and Countryside all the time when I was in college). But we were eating beside GARBAGE. I even saw a rat, and it made so tense throughout the entire dinner. Plus, we were all sweating. I think "N" was the most traumatized. He's a bit "maselan" when it comes to restaurants. And that day, he hated the weather, he hated the surroundings, and that made him really hate the food I think. He just really hated Soms. One time I told him that my cousin got us take-out from Soms, and it tasted pretty good, he wouldn't believe me and was never curious enough to try the food again.






I was really surprised to see that Soms was not the old, small and dirty Soms from two years ago. It was clean, spacious and, whoa, AIRCON BA YAN??? When I saw it, I thought "N" might come here again...

Now the food.





Milk tea. I kinda liked this.





Spring Rolls. We ate this while waiting for our other orders. It was okay.





Red Curry Rice. So so lang. But rice is rice so there.





Tom Yum. Considering the price, puwede na rin. Kulang lang sa laman.





Green chicken curry. I liked this a lot.





Vegetarian curry. This was my favorite I think.

All in all the food was okay. Better than the last time. It's not as terrible as N thought it to be. I'd eat there again if necessary. Haha. It's good to know that not all sequels suck.