I've recently started reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I heard about the book a few years back but I couldn't be bothered to read it since generally non fiction books tend to bore me. However, after hearing that the book is in it's something like, 158th week in the number 1 best seller list, I decided to see what the fuss was all about. I'm not quite done with the book yet but boy... I understand why it's still number 1 today. And why, Julia Roberts has a movie based on the book too.


The book has a very simple message. It's about finding what makes you whole. About what will give you joy and peace in your life. And I think all of us want that for ourselves. We tend to search everywhere, looking for that something that will make our lives complete. What this book reminds us is that we don't need to search anywhere else but within ourselves. Which is so darn smart and simple, I don't know why we can't seem to do it. Which is why, inspired by the book, I have decided to take an introductory class to Ashtanga Yoga... to "try and find my center". I don't know exactly how it'll go. The last time I tried Pilates, I fell asleep. I am hoping my older and more selfless self will enjoy Yoga this time around. We will have to see. I start tom. It is taking all my will power to not buy myself outfits for the class. Those damn Stella McCartney yoga outfits are so tempting.... BUT! it's not about that! As they say in Yoga Manila's description of the workshop... "Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is a more dynamic method that appeals to those who want to expand energy yet find a stillness through breath awareness."

And I want.