"Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound."

This is the first line from Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles", which could probably win the Chickest Song Award should Danton Remoto and Ang Ladlad decide to have one. In spite of this, I know men who know this song by heart and probably sing this in karaoke bars. No, I'm not referring to guys in their closets. In fact, they could be Colt 45 ambassadors. Think Latrell Spencer (played by Terry Crews) singing this song to his date while driving his Porsche in the movie "White Chicks". If you haven't seen the movie, click on the link below and see for yourself what I'm talking about:

 White Chicks



Latrell Spencer. Superstar athlete. Loves women. Drives a Porsche covertible. Loves "A Thousand Miles".
F. Athletic. Loves a woman (1). Drives a BMW convertible (on lease). Loves to cook.
Get the picture?

I am F, the unconventional addition to the already colorful Soapbox crew.


P.S. Danton Remoto is one of my good teachers but let it be known that I am not endorsing them and neither will I vote for them.