I'm not sure how many readers we have, but I'm taking a chance anyway. If you're like me, who's never around the house, hates sleeping with the lights on, and likes to unplug everything before leaving her room, then you'd want to support this cause.

I've seen my Dad slave away just to provide us with a comfortable home, food and good education. I admire the way he just smiles and collects the billing statements we've pinned on his door cork board. And those are A LOT of bills. Electricity, cable, cellphone, credit cards, internet, association fees, tuition, water... I'm sure I'm missing a lot more. My siblings and I never had to pay for these bills, and I can imagine how awful it is to have to support 4 needy children all by yourself. I mean, c'mon. It pains me to even buy a pack of cigarettes, that I won't be sharing with anyone, with my own hard earned money.

We've never taken his generosity for granted. I think we're pretty responsible when it comes to using things moderately around the house.

But now, our ELECTRIC BILL has gone up. And I don't understand why. When I read this and this, I just felt so sorry for my Dad and all the other people who have bills to pay all together.

Soapbox is not a hater blog. But this issue has affected me way more than I ever thought it would, so I'm going to have to repost this and show my support/concern. If you are anything like me at all, please join the Facebook protest page.